In today’s digital age, obtaining a visa for international travel has become more accessible and convenient. The emergence of electronic visas, or E-visas, has revolutionized the visa application process, eliminating the need for traditional paper-based applications and long waiting times. This article will explore the concept of E-visas, explicitly focusing on E visa for Vietnam, a popular tourist destination in Southeast Asia. By the end, you will understand the advantages and application process for obtaining an E visa to Vietnam.
E Visa For Vietnam Ease – Your Ticket to Effortless Vietnam Exploration!
Show table of content
- 1. What is an E visa for Vietnam?
- 2. Do I need a visa for Vietnam?
- 3. Vietnam E-Visa Requirements
- 4. Official Vietnam E-visa Website
- 5. How to Apply E Visa for Vietnam?
- 6. Vietnam E-visa Costs
- 7. Processing time for Vietnam E-visa
- 8. Multiple entry Vietnam visa 2023
- 9. Vietnam Travel Tips
- 9.1 Must-Visit Destinations
- 9.2 Local Transportation
- 9.3 Food Delights
- 9.4 Cultural Etiquette
1. What is an E visa for Vietnam?
An E-Visa for Vietnam is an electronic travel authorization that allows foreign nationals to enter and travel within Vietnam for specific purposes, such as tourism or business, without needing a traditional paper visa. The Vietnam E-visa is valid for 30 days and is a single entry. In July 2020, the E-Visa for Vietnam will be accessible to nationals of 80 countries.
However, breaking news for travellers seeking to explore Vietnam, starting from 15th August 2023, the E-visas validity is extended from 30 days to 90 days. The change will bring the best convenience experience for travellers as for its multiple-entry and without having to apply each time they visit Vietnam.
The entire application process can be completed online; therefore, it is a convenient and efficient way to obtain a visa for Vietnam.
The E-Visa is linked to the traveler’s passport electronically, eliminating the need for physical visa stamps or labels. An E-Visa allows travelers to enter Vietnam through designated ports, including airports, seaports, and land border checkpoints.
It is important to note that the E-Visa has specific validity periods and conditions, and it is crucial to adhere to these guidelines to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience in Vietnam.
2. Do I need a visa for Vietnam?
Yes, of course! Most travellers to Vietnam are required to have a visa to enter the country. However, different visas have different restrictions depending on your country, the reason for your visit, and how long you plan to stay.
Vietnam has also just made available the option of online-applicable E-Visas. With the E-Visa, obtaining a visa is easier and faster, and there is no need to physically visit an embassy or consulate.
3. Vietnam E-Visa Requirements
To prepare for the E-visa application process, you must satisfy the following requirements:
- A passport with at least six months of validity.
- A passport photo in JPG format, including 4cm x 6cm (or approximately 2 inches x 2.5 inches), a white background, and without glasses.
- A valid international credit or debit card
- An email address for receiving notifications and the approved E-Visa.
- Travel itinerary, including entry and exit dates, exit points or airports, intended places of visit, and accommodation information.
Other documents: Depending on your specific circumstances, additional documents such as a letter of invitation, return flight tickets, or a travel insurance certificate may be required.
4. Official Vietnam E-visa Website
The official website for E-Visa applications in Vietnam is evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn. It is crucial to ensure that you access the correct and legitimate website when applying for an e-Visa.
5. How to Apply E Visa for Vietnam?
The application process for an E-Visa to Vietnam is straightforward and can be done online. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you with your E-Visa application:
- Visit the Official site E-visa online.
- Fill out the application form: Once you have created your account, you can start filling out the application form. Provide accurate and detailed information as requested, including personal details, passport information, and travel plans.
- Upload the necessary documents: Prepare the documents for your E-Visa application. These documents typically include a scanned copy of your passport’s biographical page and a recent passport-sized photograph.
- Pay the visa fee: Pay the E-Visa processing fee using the available payment methods on the website.
- Apply: Once you have completed the application form and paid the visa fee, review all the entered information and confirm that everything is accurate. Submit your application through the website.
- Receive the E-Visa approval: After submitting your application, you will receive a confirmation email with a reference number.
Download and print your E-Visa: If your E-Visa application is approved, you will receive a notification with instructions to download and print your e-Visa to Vietnam. Keep a copy of your E-Visa with you during your journey to Vietnam.
6. Vietnam E-visa Costs
The cost of an E Visa in Vietnam varies depending on the visa type and the stay duration. As of September 2021, the standard fee for a single-entry E-Visa is around $25, while the cost for a multiple-entry E-Visa is typically around $50.
However, please note that these fees are subject to change, and it is essential to check the official website designated for E-Visa applications for Vietnam or consult the relevant authorities for the most up-to-date information regarding visa fees.
Remember to record your payment confirmation and any receipts provided during the application process for reference and documentation.
7. Processing time for Vietnam E-visa
The processing time for an E Visa for Vietnam can vary, and it is essential to plan your application accordingly to ensure a smooth trip. The standard processing time for E-Visa applications is usually around 3 to 5 working days. However, this timeframe can change depending on various factors, including the volume of applications submitted and the processing capacity of the authorities.
In some cases, expedited processing options may be available for an additional fee. These options shorten the processing time and provide faster approval for your e-Visa application.
8. Multiple entry Vietnam visa 2024
You must adhere to the standard visa application procedure to get a multiple entry E Visa for Vietnam. The multiple-entry visa allows you to enter and leave Vietnam several times throughout the designated validity period, unlike the E-Visa, which is only available as a single-entry visa
Here are the general steps to apply for a multiple entry visa for Vietnam:
- Determine the type of multiple-entry visa: This could be a tourist visa, a business visa, or another type, depending on the purpose of your visit.
- Gather the required documents: This typically includes a completed visa application form, a valid passport with at least six months of validity remaining, passport-sized photos, and additional supporting documents based on the specific visa type.
- Contact the Vietnamese embassy or consulate: Inquire about the requirements and procedures for obtaining a multiple-entry visa. They will provide you with the necessary information and guidance.
- Submit your application: Complete all sections of the application form accurately and provide all the necessary supporting documents.
- Pay the visa fee.
- Wait for visa processing.
Vietnam has embraced this technological advancement with its E-visa program, enabling travellers from qualified nations to take in its stunning beauty and rich cultural legacy. A seamless and compelling experience can be had while applying for an E visa for Vietnam by following simple instructions and adhering to the rules.
9. Vietnam Travel Tips
Here are some helpful guidelines for you to make the most of your journey to discover the beauty of Vietnam.
9.1 Must-Visit Destinations
Vietnam is a long and diverse country with plenty of landmarks, therefore, do not miss out on those iconic destinations in Vietnam. Vietnam offers various best places to visit in Vietnam that fascinate visitors from the North to the South. It is impossible not to mention the old quarter of Hanoi, the ancient town of Hoi An, the Hue Imperial Citadel, and the bustling Ho Chi Minh City.
9.2 Local Transportation
If you want to enjoy your trip to beautiful Vietnam fully, take advantage of the chance to experience local transportation to get around the bustling cities. Vietnam offers various types of local transport; here are some common local means you can use to travel in Vietnam: Motorbikes, Taxis, Cyclo, Buses, trains, and so on.
9.3 Food Delights
Vietnamese cuisine is renowned worldwide, so take advantage of the chance to savor the incredible food. From the North to the South, indulge in the diverse ingredient and specialties that make Vietnamese food unique.
When visiting Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam, do not forget to try “Pho” (Beef Noodles). With its elegant flavor and clear broth served with raw herbs and vegetables, Pho satisfies the pickiest of eaters. Also, do not forget to try “Bun Cha” – a dish former US President Obama used during his visit to Vietnam in 2016.
Moving to Central Vietnam, Hue cuisine is the “golden star” in this region. Hue cuisine is considered royal, famous for its bold flavor and extraordinarily skillful and sophisticated processing and decoration. It can not mention the “Bun Bo Hue” (Beef Noodle Soup), a dish full of Hue flavor.
Last but not least, Southern Vietnam also has unique specialties. It is impossible not to mention the “Com Tam” (Vietnamese Broken Rice) or “Goi Cuon” ( fresh spring rolls.)
Although Vietnam is a small country, it has diverse cuisine spanning three regions. Make sure to add must-try dishes to your to-do list on your journey to explore Vietnam cuisine.
9.4 Cultural Etiquette
Although Vietnamese is Vietnam’s official language, English is used widely in tourist destinations with many tourists from abroad. However, to score points in the local’s people eyes and make the most of your journey, you should learn by heart a few basic Vietnamese phrases. Do not worry about your pronunciation; Vietnamese people are friendly and happy when you speak Vietnamese. Here are some phrases that you might use a lot when visiting beautiful Vietnam:
- Hello – Xin chào
- Goodbye – Tạm biệt
- Thank you – Cảm ơn
- Sorry – Xin lỗi
- No problem! – Không sao!
- Please help me! – Làm ơn giúp tôi!
- How much is it? – Cái này giá bao nhiêu?
- Nice to meet you! – Rất vui được gặp bạn!